AQ-4 Aquaculture BioSystem™ Formulants
Bio-remediation water treatment formulation non-toxic, all-natural
Reduces odors, phosphorus and other nutrients, improving water quality in lakes, rivers & harbors.
Contains highly concentrated microbes which
- break down grease, oils, nutrients and sludge
- reduce phosphorus, phosphates
- remove excess nutrients and odors
Simply Mix, Grow & Release
- Mix: 4 ounces (1 cup) with 50 Gallons water, treats 325,000 Gals
- Grow: Microbes 1 to 2 hours
- Release: Apply AQ-4 solution directly into lake or river. 1 pound AQ-4 treats 1,300,000 Gals of water. Use all mixed solutions within 24 hours.
An Easy to Use, Completely Organic Solution
Aquaculture-4 (AQ-4) is our general all-purpose, environmentally friendly treatment used for reduction of nutrients and odors in lakes, rivers, harbors, irrigation systems and drainage pipelines. It can be used in recreational water bodies and a variety of aquaculture applications. AQ-4 is completely organic, and complies with ATCC (American Type Culture Collection) list of beneficial natural microbes, non-toxic & safe to handle.
Results You Can Count On
- Reduces phosphorus & phosphates
- Digests grease, oils and pollutants
- Reduces odors
- Reduces dead organic matter
- Promotes bio-digestion of organic matter in lakes and other water bodies
- Restores bio-diversity in polluted lakes
- Restores fisheries in lakes and streams
- Restores water quality for public use
- Treats contaminated floodwaters
- Wetland Restoration
- Drainage Pipelines
- Reclaimed Water
For Septic Systems, Swine Lagoons, and Waste Water Treatment see Waste Water Treatment
Noxious odors caused by high levels of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) were reported throughout the Petaluma River Basin and San Francisco Bay Area. H2S concentrations within the wetlands area were measured at 330 ppb+.
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s maximum standard for hydrogen sulfide is 30 ppb. The West Bahia Lakes are owned and managed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (formerly the California Department of Fish and Game).
AQ-4 was applied to remove odors and nutrients, stimulating diatoms and local beneficial microbes to accelerate aquatic recovery. Our AQ-4 treatment significantly improved water quality making West Bahia Lake the cleanest lake with the most wildlife use in the entire Petaluma River wetlands basin.
Microbetech products proved to be very effective, removing the odors and digesting the floating carcasses of thousands of dead fish that covered over two miles of our lake shoreline. I would recommend Microbetech natural products for anyone that wants to improve, enhance and preserve their environment.
Your bioremediation process represents a significant departure from, and a vast improvement over, historical algal control methods, e.g. treatments with toxic chemicals such as copper and chlorine; and we wish you continued success.
“AQ bioremediation products hold a great deal of promise as a substance useful in helping to balance systems disrupted by human activities.”
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) - Updated June 2013
- Department of Fish and Game Letter - Michael E. Rugg, 1994
- West Bahia Treatment Summary - Water Treatment Using AQ-4
- Letter from Director of USF Institute of Chemical Biology - R. James Brown, Ph.D.
- AQ Site Data Sheets - For use in water treatment projects